After chatting over coffee and the excellent cake that Emma had made we were introduced to the evening by Bethany.
To start with on our tables were a series of questions for discussion. We read Luke 10:1-11, the sending out of the 70 and then turned to the questions.
- Which verse stood out for you?
- What was the reason for sending out the 70 before Jesus?
- Why was it important for them to travel in pairs?
- Why do you think the Jesus tells them not to move around from house to house?
- Why are they told to tell people “the kingdom of God has come near” in towns that accept and reject their message?
For the second part of the evening we moved into the other room where there was a whole collection of craft material. Bethany explained how to make felt and set us off. We spent the next 45 minutes enthusiastically pushing a pin through wool to slowly transform it into felt.
As we were doing this we were given some question to think about:
- In what ways have I been sent out by God in the past?
- Who was it that I was travelling with?
- Where could I be sent next, and what challenges might I face?
Gradually the wool transformed into felt and we then tried to use other colours to put features into the shapes – to make lambs.
This was harder than it first appeared. Finally we attached key rings to our felt shapes so that each time we used our keys we are reminded that God is sending us out.